Please sign in to post.

Summer 2017 - Airline recommendation from Budapest to Stockholm.

Next summer my husband and I plan to take two Rick Steve's trips back-to-back. The first one, Best of Prague and Budapest from June 25-July 2 and then the Best of Scandinavia from July 2 - July 15. Since one trip ends the morning of July 2 and the other begins the evening of July 2, do you see any problems with cutting it so close? What airlines would you recommend to fly from Budapest Hungary to Stockholm, Sweden?

Posted by
17916 posts

There are a number of search engines you can use. Lately I have been liking Google Flights. You might get lucky and find a flight that works.

Posted by
17916 posts

Okay, i looked and i am shocked, there are a lot of options. I would choose based on the consideration of departure and arrival and layover times. Remember you will need to be in a taxi on the way to the airport 2.5 hours prior to flight time and for me at least a 1.5 hour minimum layover is required (2 hours is ideal for me)

Posted by
2740 posts

Also check skyscanner.com, as not all budget airlines show on Google flights.

Posted by
17916 posts

Larry, you may be right. I really don't know. Wizzair and a number of the smaller regionals do. What I like most about the site is I can type in a starting location, Budapest for instance, then non stop, a date and for destination "Europe" and see what cheap connections are available on a world map with prices shown. Maybe you can do that on skyscanner too?

Posted by
2740 posts

Skyscanner does not have Google's computational powers. Just lists prices and times, and can dump you to various places to buy the tickets, although as we know the direct airline site will usually be the best and or safest option.

Posted by
17916 posts

Larry, agree. My trips always have a constant; Budapest, So for me it's always, what can I pair with Budapest. Once I have that figured out with Google Flights ( and not saying it's the best, just what I find easiest) then I always go to the airline Website. If it's a code share flight I check both carriers websites.

Posted by
5516 posts

I'd choose to fly to Arlanda (ARN) over Skavsta (NYO). Skavsta is about an hour and a half by bus from Stockholm. Arlanda is a 20 minute train ride on the Arlanda Express.