Please sign in to post.

Restaurant recommendation

We are headed to Budapest soon! Does anyone have a recommendation or 2 for restaurants to try. We tend to gravitate to local, casual restaurants, but would love any suggestions.

Thanks!
Rachel

Posted by
2045 posts

A couple of years ago but we really enjoyed Hungarikum Bisztro. The food was excellent and the staff were patient and pleasant. It sounds like it may fit your bill. We returned a second night during our one week stay in Budapest. Our hotel phoned in the reservations for us, which were necessary. One evening a gentleman played the cimbalon. Very nice evenings among friendly folks and good food. Safe travels.

Posted by
4546 posts

You are spoiled for choice! I think that list could be a few restaurants longer by now. 🤣

Posted by
58 posts

Now I have the task of choosing which places to try :)

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Posted by
908 posts

We just had terrific evening at Retek Bisztro! Small, focused on traditional Hungarian food; great service. Reservation suggested. Our favorite place in Budapest. Conversely, I can not recommend Aszu. Food and service were fine, but tables are very close together, and it was packed with large, boisterous tour groups. The noise level was deafening!