Please sign in to post.

M3 -> 200E -> Airport?

We are flying out of Budapest. Our hotel is near an M3 Metro station. It appears taking M3 to Kőbánya-Kispest then catching the 200E bus to the airport is a good plan. Just looking for verification on this.

Thanks!

Posted by
2739 posts

We've done this both ways, a total of 5 trips. Couldn't be easier or less expensive. And we've done it with an additional Metro to get to the interchange with the 3.

Posted by
17908 posts

One less than impressive meal for two in the 5th District plus the cost of public transportation to the airport

equals

One fantastic meal for two in the outer 6th District plus taxi fare to the airport.

Posted by
5697 posts

Or you can stop at the food court of the shopping mall where you transfer to the bus and get one last Hungarian meal/snack.

Posted by
856 posts

Thanks for verifying, Larry. I'm not certain what the comments about meals mean.

Posted by
17908 posts

Marc, just reminding myself of a couple that spent an hour and a half using public transport to get from the airport in order to save about $15, then spent the next 3 days paying for tourist food in District V (the area i lovingly refer to as tourist hell) at about 3 times the cost for the same meal outside of District V.