Please sign in to post.

Budapest Laundry

Any suggestions for basic laundry facility or hotel with same in Budapest. No dry cleaning.

Posted by
17908 posts

There is a very good wash and fold service about a bloc and a half from the Opera at 24 Ó utca in the courtyard, in the front corner on the left.

Posted by
32 posts

James, thanks. I was looking for info re laundry and somehow I knew you had the answer! You are amazing!

Posted by
17908 posts

You will go in this door way. Go up the stairs. On the left and at the end of the hall is a rather nondescript glass door. If no one is there back up about 20 feet and go into the tiny hotel lobby and tell them you have laundry. They will take care of it for you. I don't remember the cost, a couple thousand forint per load to wash and fold and have back to you the next morning. Nice folks.

Posted by
17908 posts

Annnnnnnnnnnnd if you walk there by way of Andrassy ut, the Opera House and Hajos utca, then you can stop here for some pretty great sausage on a paper plate with a squeeze of mustard and honking hunk of bread. And you will pass this place, pretty good for lunch or dinner. As you pass the Opera House pay attention. If you are fortunate the windows will be open and you will hear some practicing going on. Also a nice jewelry shop here.

Posted by
14507 posts

At the Wombats hostel on Kiraly the basic laundry facility is available.