Please sign in to post.

Kosovo

Has anyone been to Kosovo? Does anyone know of any border crossing issues / restrictions? Experiences in Kosovo?

Posted by
8440 posts

James
I was there in 2008 - likely better now. Border crossings were controlled, more so to/from Serbia, but lots of international traffic. The airport in Pristina is OK, but better one in Skopje. Shrine of the Black Madonna in SE Kosovo is where Mother Teresa got her calling, and is somewhat of pilgrimage site. Just had a very raw, first world/third world feel to things. PM if you want more.

Posted by
4637 posts

Why is Kosovo under Hungary? I know Kosovo is not the choice yet, neither Serbia but let's say General Europe or maybe it's neighbor Montenegro?

Posted by
14507 posts

Actually, historically Hungary prior to 1914 would have rejected Kosovo had it been offered to them by the Serbs, which lies in the realm of "iffy" history, totally inconceivable, since the Serbs viewed Kosovo as the heart and core of their kingdom, ie, Kosovo is to the Serbs what Mohacs is to the Hungarians with the same result, the same enemy. The last thing the Magyars wanted was another troublesome minority, one bent on uniting South Slavs, which meant the undoing of the Kingdom of Hungary.

Posted by
14507 posts

@ James....Got it. Shall I continue? Seriously, my compliments on your historical humour with the word "annexed" in this context.!