Please sign in to post.

Budapest Baths

Hello, I am in Budapest with my two teenagers for 4 more days. We want to experience the baths, and I think from everything I've read, Széchenyi might be the best place. Do you agree? Also, for those of you who have been there, should I buy tickets online or just get them there? And do I need cash or will they take credit cards?

Any additional things we should not miss while we are here?

Posted by
2740 posts

Go for it. Lots of fun to play, soak, and people watch (63,62) go every time we are there. They take credit cards. One (and only one) of you should pay the extra small price for the cabin and then you can all change in it privately and store all your stuff there.

Posted by
17929 posts

I know they sell the tickets on line, but I have only purchased them on the spot. The line can get a bit long at time, so maybe online is easier. Dont really know. Larry's advice about the Cabana is spot on.

Posted by
8147 posts

Don't forget to take a shower cap. They're required.

Posted by
148 posts

Thanks to all who responded! We're planning to go tomorrow morning. About the caps, will they have them for sale there? We definitely do not have swimming caps with us.

Posted by
5264 posts

I never wore a shower cap and nobody asked me to, plenty of others weren't wearing them either so if it is a requirement then it isn't enforced.

Posted by
2740 posts

We go through the various indoor pools and sauna, and have never seen a sign requiring shower caps, no have we seen them in use.

Posted by
148 posts

Well we are going tomorrow, so I will check out the cap issue and report back. :)

Posted by
17929 posts

Is it obligatory wearing swimming caps?

Wearing a swimming cap is
obligatory in the swimming pools of our baths. In the majority of our
baths they can be also rented at the rental points.

http://www.spasbudapest.com/frequently-asked-questions

To be honest, there may only be one "swimming" pool and the rest are soaking or playing pools. I have seen them being worn everywhere, but generally only by the older folks.....

More general information here:
http://www.szechenyibath.hu/bath-units

ENJOY!!

Posted by
503 posts

You will really enjoy the baths, especially "pool Hopping" in the inside ones. I was there this time last year, spend an entire afternoon with some other tour members and no one wore a cap.

Posted by
148 posts

Well, the baths were a big hit yesterday! We went in the morning and it was filled mostly with locals. It was very interesting and a lot of fun. The only pool with swimming caps was the lap pool, so we just avoided that pool - with all the warmer pools, we frankly didn't have much desire to go into a regular pool anyway. Thanks to everyone for the recommendation.

Now off to the zoo.......