Please sign in to post.

Budapest airport transfer

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? What is the cost? Is there an approved taxi service?

Posted by
18027 posts

"Best"?

I take a Taxi. The company contracted by the airport is Fotaxi. Efficient, clean. Follow the line on the floor and it will lead you directly to their service kiosk outside.

Cost to "The" Hotel? Most hotels will be 8,000 forint or less.

Posted by
594 posts

James, I booked a shuttle through my arriving flight on WizzAir. Have you used it before or have you heard of anything regarding the transfer? It takes you directly to Deak Ter.

Posted by
18027 posts

The only shuttle service I know anything about is the airport minibus company. http://www.bud.hu/english/passengers/access_and_parking/by_airportshuttle This service will take you direct to any hotel. It is cheap and clean with the only downside being that since it stops at every hotel for every guest on the minibus and it might take some time to reach your place. But since you say what you booked takes you direct to Deak ter this sounds like something else. From Deak ter you can reach most anyplace in town on the metro system.

Posted by
21 posts

I found public transit from the airport to downtown to be perfectly convenient and easy, and very affordable. Bus 200E leaves from the curb at Terminal 2 on a regular basis. Transfer from the bus to the M3 Metro at Kőbánya-Kispest, very simple. The M3 connects to the other three Metro lines.

There is a BKK (Budapest public transit) booth in the airport terminal, and they can get you set with the proper tickets and transfers. The attendants at this booth speak perfect English.

Posted by
18027 posts

Public Transport 1 to 1.5 hours to Deak F. ter based on traffic and transfer waits about USD 5.00 for 2 people. If you need to transfer metro lines at Deak, that's free. If you need to transfer to a tram or bus add about USD2.50 more. Or worldinbetween can explain transfer tickets so you can save a buck.

Mini Bus Service hard to guess depends on how many riders and where they are going, but 30 minutes to an hour might be a good guess. About USD 10 for two people

Taxi would be 20 minutes to 40 minutes depending on traffic about USD 29 for up to three people.

We just flew into Budapest three days ago and used a transport service suggested by the person we are renting our apartment from. There was someone waiting at the airport for us with my name on a sign and transported six of us in a nice van directly to our apartment in the city for 31 Euros total. www.AirportTransfersBudapest.com is the website to book. It was really great to not have to figure out public transportation when we were tired. (Although the public transportation here is amazing!!)

Posted by
18027 posts

Gina, correct me if I am incorrect, but once met you either had to walk to the parking lot or go upstairs and wait a few moments while the driver brought the car? What did it cost?

By the airport contracted taxi company it is generally is no more than 3 or 4 minutes from baggage claim to the seat in the taxi, then woosh... 20 minutes to your hotel. There is no faster and no more convenient a way. But having someone standing there with your name on a card can be a pretty good feeling. So i understand that too. With the taxi pay forints or euro or dollars or credit card. Best deal is credit card or forints.

Posted by
594 posts

Worldinbetween, I rented an apartment very near Deak Ter. This will be my second visit so I have a good idea of the distance from Deak Ter to the apartment. The shuttle transfer was cheap and if I opt to just take a taxi when I arrive I don't mind wasting the approximately $5 I spent to book the shuttle. Just wanted to check if anyone had used it before. I would not have booked it if it wasn't going straight to Deak Ter as opposed to dropping people off at various hotels.