Please sign in to post.

BUDAPEST 3 WEEKS (Compaing Hotels to Apartments) Mid November 2017

Many helped me in the general europe forum previously. I booked my flight and am staying three weeks. I am now comparing hotels vs apartments on airbnb. airbnb prices keep changing so it making me nervous. I mean - each time I click - a totally different price arrives.

I am ok with stairs, but an elevator would be nice.

James - from the other forum recommended lower 7th and lower 8th districts for me - they look very nice.

I want QUIET in the evening to sleep. But, I love being near restaurants and shops. I don't typically love touristy areas, but it is tempting because some areas are just gorgeous.

I like space, and although it is only the two of us - just in case of a snorey husband evening - it is nice to have a second room. ;)

I don't mind being on any floor except ground / street level - I prefer up higher.

Many apartment reviews mention noise in the 7th near the ruin pubs. But clearly others say how quiet with inner courtyard bedrooms.

I had selected three places, but then the prices are jumping around.

On my phone app it shows in dollars from the same login as my computer - that shows in hungarian currency.

ANY SUGGESTIONS. I was finding a bunch of places for $50/night and now I only see $200-300/night? help ;)

queen's court hotel has great reviews and suites that seem reasonably priced.

Posted by
8154 posts

Google Paty's Place and see if it is available. It is a ground floor apartment we stayed in.4/2017. And it's location simply cannot be beat. We'll never stay anywhere else.

Posted by
77 posts

ok thank you

oh darn - i found it on homeaway - i have booked a lot through that site in usa. It shows that it is not available. BUT - I like the look and it says 60 euro's a night! but - it is booked already.

Posted by
8154 posts

The same management company has a number of apartments for rent. He is English and is a great guy to work with.

Posted by
17959 posts

David, she's not fond of ground floor apartments. My preference on any rental is to find the primary rental agency and negotiate directly. No typical one bedroom rental should cost you more than 75 euro a day. If you are higher numbers it must be a luxury penthouse or an error. Sometimes the owners will block dates with platforms like HomeAway so going to the source might open up more dates too.

Posted by
15589 posts

This is the site for the management company.. They have several properties - a flat with a bedroom door and sofa bed may be the solution. Read carefully, some (including Paty's Place) are ground level.

edit - I just peeked. The Opera Apt, for example, is available for all of November, has 2 bdrms and the maximum price is €120/night.

Posted by
17959 posts

There area couple here that stay in an apartment near the Great Market Hall. They brag on the place a lot. it's outside the zone I suggested, but still very, very good location. I dont know the name, maybe one of them will chime in.

Posted by
3046 posts

We have been twice, and in both cases have stayed in a place associated with Estefan and Maria, "your Hungarian aunt and uncle". They're in his "Hungary" book.

Posted by
2186 posts

Rick's updates to the Hungary guidebook indicate that Maria and Istvan are no longer renting rooms.

Posted by
15589 posts

James - if I weren't flying to Hong Kong in less than two weeks, I might have hopped on a flight and crashed on your couch.

Posted by
2603 posts

James--Boldog uj evet kivanok! I sure wish I were there, too.

Posted by
1 posts

Jette, what did you decide on where to stay? I am now planning our trip to Hungary for Sept 2018 and appreciate anyone jumping in with where to stay! Thanks!