Please sign in to post.

Wonderful tour in Transylvania/Romania".

I wanted to share about our Excellent English Speaking Tour Guide in Transylvania/Romania. Our recent family's 7-day holiday in Romania with Covinnus Travel was fantastic. Daniel of Tour guide spoke Excellent English and was very accommodating..,,We are a family of 8 adults. Our tour began and ended in Bucharest. We wanted to take daily hikes in the mountains and visit many interesting castles, churches and sights in the Romanian/Transylvania countryside. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable of the history of the area. He also knew the best reasonably-priced restaurants with fresh fish and excellent food. We loved staying 5-days the mountain house near Bran. Daniel's Tech skills made him #1 in our book. Covinnus Travel helped us enjoy Romania during the short 7-days we were there. Thank you Daniel for an interesting holiday http://covinnus.com/.

Posted by
17916 posts

I've know Daniel for a number of years now and have sent a few tourists his way. Each returned talking like you. Well done Daniel!!! @fostwlj, I bet Daniel would appreciate it if you posted this in the General Europe Travel Forum too. Unfortunately RS hasn't yet seen fit to adding Romania or Bulgaria (another great country where I know another great guide)

Posted by
8 posts

Originally we looked into beginning our tour with Daniel in Budapest. From Budapest we would travel to Romania. We had found Daniel of Covinnus Travel on Rick Steve's web site. Yes, James we found Romania such an interesting country, I don't know why Romania/Transylvania is not listed as a country. Thanks for your inputs.

Posted by
16893 posts

I'm glad you got to enjoy Romania and packed in a lot of experiences.

Posted by
8 posts

We really enjoyed the Transylvania area for its beauty. The prices in Romania were very reasonable. The dollar doesn't go far in Euro or British pound countries. This is not true of Romania. Our 7-days of touring in Eastern Europe cost about one-fourth of touring in Western Europe. And our tour was as enjoyable as our times in Italy or France. We also loved having access of high quality wifi everywhere.

Posted by
6 posts

I want to share that we had a wonderful experience with Tours-in-Romania, which is affiliated with Compass Travel. The agency and our tour guide, Cristian, were both flexible and responsive to our needs and wishes. Cristian speaks excellent English and was very knowledgeable. And I want to second the comments that Romania is a great place to visit.