Please sign in to post.

What to wear

Hi,
We will be traveling to Greece this month -- very excited. The first 5 days will be on the islands of Santorini and Naxos. The rest of our trip will be in Athens. What should we wear? We're guessing the islands will be fairly casual. Is that correct? What about Athens? What is good to wear for touring during the day? Out at restaurants in the evening?
Thanks!
Diane

Posted by
419 posts

As has been said here many times--wear what is neat, clean and comfortable for you--wear what you would wear at home. Think of layers so that you can add a sweater or fleece if it gets chilly.
You will see all kinds of dress in Athens and the islands and you will note that no one cares what you wear, so just be yourself.

Posted by
16893 posts

Yes, Greece is casual. I've never had reason to wish I brought anything fancier than my standard travel selection. A sundress or casual skirt could be in that mix, as well as shorts and capri pants.

Posted by
6 posts

There is no any dress code in Greece. Locals wear just ordinary european clothes. Nothing unusial, so don't worry and dress like you used to.