Please sign in to post.

Turkish Airline

My husband and I are going on the Heart of Athens and Greece tour next April/May. We’d like to hear people’s experiences who have flown with Turkish Airlines. We’re leaving from Edmonds, Wa. They give you the option of staying Istanbul for 1 or 2 nights. That sounds appealing to us since we’ve never been there.

Posted by
92 posts

Use them a lot going from Ireland to Antalya and flew to Thailand they are very good and service has been great I have noticed they are starting to cut back on the extras but sure all airlines are at that

Posted by
4384 posts

I've flown them once, years ago, a positive experience. I avoid their great fares because I don't want the longer flight coming from the east coast, but since you have a looooong way to come anyway, and you will take advantage of a stopover in Istanbul, I say go for it. I would do at least two nights if you can swing it--there is a ton to see in Istanbul, and the break will help you arrive in Greece ready for the tour.

Posted by
4085 posts

Good experience with them from me. I have never done the stopover, but I have friends who are signed up for the one night free layover in March. Looks like a fine thing to me.

Posted by
54 posts

I haven't flown with them, but my son has, many times. He sings their praises.

Posted by
23 posts

Just had a great experience on Turkish Airlines. Istanbul for one or two nights will be fun. Stay close to the Hagia Sophia (Aya Sofya)and the Blue Mosque.