You are so lucky! Crete is one of the most beautiful islands, one would need at least 7 days for each district (Chania, Iraklion etc). I thought I'd leave some info on what to do for the ones reading this now...
In Crete, history, myth and culture walk hand in hand. There are many archaeological sites, historical monuments and significant museums to explore like :
3. The Archaeological Museum of Heraklion
4. Archaeological site of Gortyn
5. Ancient Eleftherna
6. The archaeological site of Agia Triada
Top beaches to visit in Crete:
1. Go see the town and the fortress in Heraclion
2. Check out the mosque in Chania
3. Try the amazing local food
4. Take pics at the landmark building on Chalidon Street in Chania
5. Get to villages like:
Anogia, Sfakia, Loutro, Spili, Platanes, Archanes, Sissi, Paleochora, Episkopi, Agia Pelagia
If I had to choose where to stay, it would definitely be somewhere in Chania!