Please sign in to post.

Traveling to Greece

Hello,
I am planning to go to Athens on September 9th and stay there for two nights. Then we plan to go to either Santorini or Mikonos on the 11th. We have no clue how to get there or which of the two Islands we should go to. Then on the 16th of September I believe we would have to go back to Athens for a night so we can take another ferry on the 17th and travel to the Island of Skiathos. We have a time share there, and plan to arrive on the 17th of September. We depart on the 24th of September from Skiathos and then go home ( Los Angeles) from Athens. I would love to find out if I can go directly from one island to another or have to go back to Athens to take the ferry to another island. Also I would like to know if I should make reservations for the ferrys before the trip or just make the reservations when I arrive in Athens. Any information would be so much appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Marlene Montoya

Posted by
14948 posts

The easiest way to get from Athens to Santorini or Mykonos is to fly. Both islands are popular with Mykonos known more for partying. The flights are 45 and 50 minutes. The ferry is about 6 hours to Santorini and anywhere from 2.5-6 hours to Mykonos.

To get from Santorini or Mykonos to Skiathos you should also fly. You will have to change planes in Athens.

To get from Athens to Skiathos by ferry, you first have to get to Volos (3.5 hour drive) and then a two hour ferry to Skiathos.

Forget the ferries, you'll be traveling all day. Fly.

You've kept it rather late for a trip next week.

Posted by
27 posts

Thank you so much for this information.
I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Marlene