Please sign in to post.

Seniors traveling May 2025

Four of us fairly active seniors are planning a trip to Athens and Lefkada at the end of May 2025 for about 2 weeks. We'd like to visit Naxos as well, but we want to know what is the best way to get to those two islands then depart from Athens for the US. Thanks for your information in advance.

Posted by
239 posts

There is no best way to connect Lefkada with Naxos - they are on the opposite sides of Greece. Naxos has flights and ferries from Athens, but Lefkada is only connected by bus. No flights to Athens from Preveza airport as far as I'm aware. In fact Lefkada is better connected with other European countries through regular and charter flights than Athens, so if you want to fly, you may have to fly via another country.

I'd suggest choosing islands from the same island groups, or at least choose an island that has flights to Athens for easier connection.

Posted by
11723 posts

we want to know what is the best way to get to those two islands

Private airplane.

Flying between Lefkada and Naxos takes 3 flights, booked as separate tickets, and takes 13 hrs. Options are to make a connection in Milan or Vienna, among others.

The best way I could find between Lefkada and Athens is an almost 6 hr bus ride.

Your favored destinations are a logistical nightmare to knit together.