Please sign in to post.

Santorini, Naxos, Paros

I am doing a tour of the Peloponnese in June and would like to see some of the Cyclades islands after. I don't have a particular goal in mind, I'm happy to do light hiking, beaches, sites, wandering, whatever, I just want to get a taste of the islands. My current thinking is below. Should I cut a day from Santorini or Naxos? Add in a a full day excursion from Naxos that goes to Delos and Mykonos? Seems like too much but I thought I'd ask. Also, should I start with ferry and end with flight (i.e., reverse the itinerary)? Any suggestions appreciated! If it's helpful info, I'm a 40 year old female, traveling solo. Many thanks.

Day 1 Depart Athens, Fly to Santorini
Day 2 Santorini
Day 3 Santorini
Day 4 Santorini, Ferry to Naxos
Day 5 Naxos
Day 6 Naxos
Day 7 Naxos, Ferry to Paros
Day 8 Paros
Day 9 Ferry to Athens
Day 10 Leave Athens for U.S.

Posted by
1226 posts

I found Santorini not that interesting. Beautiful yes, but not a place I wanted to hang out. I would add a day from S to Naxos, and then perhaps do a day trip from there as you mention, if you are in the mood. I like the idea of ferrying to the islands and flying back. The flight will put you at the airport and you can find lodging near it for the next day, which for me feels more secure in terms of making the departing flight (the ferry puts you at Piraeus port with more travel to do from there to the airport or vicinity). Plus, the ferry is a nice excuse to chill out after your time on the go in the Peloponnese, before starting your island adventures.

Posted by
3122 posts

Santorini has plenty to offer first-time visitors for several days. Find the Santorini forum on the TripAdvisor website and click on "Things to do" at the top of the page.