Please sign in to post.

Rhodes Greece

The cruise ship is stopping in Rhodes in May. What suggestions do you have for one day here.

Posted by
1366 posts

Just based on our limited experience. Our last cruise docked right beside Rhodes town so everything there is within walking distance.
Old Rhodes town is large and easily walk able. You can spend the whole day there easily, walk back to the ship for lunch and then back into the old town area for more exploration.

On another cruise two couples hired a taxi which drove us around the island. The main stop was the Acropolis of Lindos. Great experience but expensive. Just walking around the old city is a day of discovery with minimal cost.
Both visits are in this album both are memorable days. I would choose to just DIY in Rhodes city within the walls.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanbr54/albums/72157634754696058

Posted by
67 posts

Get Rick's Mediterranean Cruise Ports book (buy or library). Cross reference with any updates on this website, or other updated travel sites (I like Trip Savvy). Same goes for your Santorini post. Bon Voyage!

Posted by
2073 posts

We enjoyed Rhodes a lot. Seriously, look at Lindos and see what you think. We also did it from a cruise stop as well.

Posted by
585 posts

I enjoyed my one day visit to Rhodes. Just walked around, had lunch at a cafe near a park, out of the main tourist area. Said hello to some Greek kitties. There are plenty of things to see including museums related to the Knights Who built most of the town. Strolling along the marina gazing at the fancy boats is also fun. Would definitely consider spending some vacation time in Rhodes in the future.