Please sign in to post.

Planning a trip to Greece

My husband & have decided on Greece for 9 days visiting Athens & Santorini leaving June 14 - June 22. Any advice & suggestions on what hotels to stay at in both places would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by
7448 posts

No specific hotels, but most agree that staying near the Plaka in Athens keeps you close to everything, other like the neighborhood on the other side of the Acropolis, near the new Acropolis Museum.

For Santorini, most everyone recommends staying in Oia

Posted by
11052 posts

Santorini-Book a hotel in Oia. But there will be crowds everywhere. There will be lots of stairs.
Athens- we avoid the Plaka, very touristy. We stay near Syntagma Square ( Parliament) or the Acropolis Museum.

Posted by
51 posts

Hi!
In Athens avoid to stay at Omonia. Generally near metro station is the best solution but from syntagma to elliniko line.
In Santorini Imerovigli is the best place.. Of course Oia is perfect but too crowded

Posted by
3585 posts

No, everyone does not recommend staying in Oia. Everything there is quite a bit more expensive than elsewhere. You haven’t given a clue as to your budget, so I would suggest you go to booking.com to see what is available at what prices.
We stayed at the Ira hotel in Firostefani. We had a large room with a sitting area and large, attractive bath. The included breakfast was very good. The hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. It took just a few minutes to walk to Fira. An inexpensive bus took us up to Oia.
I would get cracking on the hotel reservation. June is not so far off.