Please sign in to post.

Peloponnese to Kyllini Itinerary Suggestions Fall 2023

Hello my husband (43) and I (39) are planning our 5th Greece trip this fall for about 14 days. We want to spend time exploring more of the Peloponnese / western Greece before going to Kefalonia. We are looking for recommendations or itineraries between Nafplio to Kyllini. We plan on renting car from Athens and driving to stay in Nafplio 3 days and ultimately to ferry car to Kefalonia from Kyllini. I am seeking more about the drive from Nafplio to Kyllini, where to possibly stay and explore. We have already visited a lot of the historical sites in a previous visits (epidavros,mycanae,Corinth) so not that. (I can look separately about a suggested itinerary for Kefalonia ). Both feedback supporting this approach - as well as constructive - welcomed ;)

Posted by
4353 posts

You could do the central route and stop in Stemnitsa, Dimitsana. There is a lovely hike to a monastery there. Or you can do a southern swing into the Mani.
Did you make it to Mystras last time? On the west end, I’d try to see Messene. I’ve read the Koroni/Pylos area is nice, hope to get that far west next time.