Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Help Please

I'm trying to figure out an itinerary for my Greece trip- looking at July 14 - for 3- 31/2 weeks. I will be flying from Athens.

Could I please get some ideas from travellers who have been to Greece. I have never been there.

I would like to visit the following:

Santorini, Naxos and Paros. I would like to add Crete, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to.
I am interested in hopping to other islands also. Any suggestions about other islands I could go visit?

Could I please get suggestions on which is the best order to visit these places?

Thank you!

Posted by
8141 posts

Have you considered taking a cruise thru Greek's islands? They are a very easy way to travel and priced very favorable.

Posted by
2352 posts

I flew from Athens to Paros, then took a ferry to Santorini. From Santorini I flew back to Athens. The ferry is a good way to visit other islands and is very scenic. Both islands are gorgeous and worth the visit. You could do Paros, then ferry to Naxos, then ferry to Santorini, then fly out from there back to Athens.

Posted by
143 posts

You could fly to Crete and see Chania and Heraklion for 5 days
Then ferry to Santorini for 3 days (Stay on the Caldera between Fira and Oia)
Then ferry to Paros (3) then to Naxos (5), then either ferry to Athens or fly
Finish in Athens (3)

Posted by
207 posts

I like what Arya has suggested.

I would add a few days to Crete, however, since it's so large. But you could do 7 days on Crete, then ferry to Santorini (3 days is more than enough) and then to Naxos (5). That's 15 days.

I never allot more than 2 days for Athens and you should reserve those for your last 2 days since you will need to be close to the airport. That leaves 7 days, hopefully.

For those 7 days I would visit Meteora, Delphi and Nafplio though there are countless other spectacular options on the mainland.