Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help!

Hello all,

Need help with Greece itinerary. We will be leaving from Tel Aviv as we start our trip there. Leaving from Greece to Chicago.

Would like to do Athens, Santorini and Naxos.

Will have about 8 days. A co-worker who is from Greece recommended 2 days Athens 2 days Santorini and 4 Naxos (or 3 and 3 Athens/naxos).

We will be going first week of July.

Help!

Posted by
3121 posts

I'm seeing lots of flight options for the first week of July, so why not fly from Tel Aviv to Santorini first, then take a ferry to Naxos and then another ferry or another flight back to the mainland for your days in Athens? This way you eliminate the possibility of being stranded on an island at the last minute, from high winds or a mechanical breakdown. The chances of a very strong wind blowing in July is almost inevitable. Look here: https://tinyurl.com/y4wsqyac

Posted by
27096 posts

I definitely like Lee's idea. Do Athens last so you know you'll be in the right city for your flight home.

Posted by
1370 posts

Great advice from Lee. Experienced travelers would do Santorini, ferry to Naxos and Athens. The advice from your co worker is right on, the two four two combination is as good as 8 days will allow. If you can get a flight from Naxos to Athens book it. Sky Express and Olympic fly that route. Flights book up fast but flying takes an hour the ferry takes 5 hours Naxos to Athens.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks for the replies guys. Change of plans apparently due to a work issue now we will only have 6 full days so probably drop naxos and do 3 each Athens and Santorini.

We really wanted to stay at one of those rooms in Santorini with the private pool. I know it will be pricy but any recommendations?

Posted by
51 posts

I do not really have any hotel recommendation but I would say that most of these pools do not have privacy. So it would be nice to choose a hotel with just nice view. Imerovigli and firostefani are more quite... You can also visit some nice beach bars like Imba or Theros than stay at a swimming pool.

Where are you staying in Athens?