Please sign in to post.

Imerovigli, Santorini, 2022-2023

Greetings to everyone from Florida, USA! Today is May 30th, 2022.

I am planning to elope (just the 2 of us) for a wedding in Imerovigli, Santorini in May of 2023. I am wondering if April is really that far off in terms of not as nice of weather than early May would be.

I am also wondering for any advice regarding airline websites for travel. We do not want to Ferry from Athens to Santorini, and will likely fly to Athens and then from Athens fly again in to Santorini.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted by
1599 posts

You should check to see if you can fly from Florida to Santorini, connecting somewhere in Europe, on a through ticket. If you get a separate ticket for Santorini, and your flight to Athens arrives late and you miss your flight to Santorini, the airline is not responsible for booking you a new ticket. We just returned from Greece, and we flew Boston/Zurich/Santorini on one ticket. Very easy.

Posted by
2490 posts

Look on goggle flights. We were able to buy tickets on Swiss Airlines but purchased through United from Miami-Zurich-Chania, Crete. I would think the same would be possible for Santorini. This way we were able to check our luggage all the way through and make a 70 minute connection to Crete in Athens. It was no more expensive either which was not true in 2018 when I bought separate tickets.

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you for the tips. I’m going to try that. I initially searched but must have looked on a traditional site geared to less international travel.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic? Experience elopement international? Been a guest to a wedding far away? Stayed in Santorini?

I’m confused because places seem to offer sunsets and then email me that they’re on the side of the Caldera and the sunset is not from the hotel.

I’m exhausted.

Posted by
2288 posts

Pardon my naiveté, but I never knew one could/would plan to elope a year out. Is your betrothed in on the plan, or will it come as a surprise to them?

Posted by
8 posts

Elope isn’t the same as it was many years ago. When it’s “just the two of you,” it’s considered a solo wedding mainly titled and classified as an elopement. We’ve been together over 10 years and are doing this in lieu of a traditional wedding w soaring gas prices, inflation. After our ceremony and honeymoon we will celebrate w friends and family. We want the money towards our trip versus them spending it on arriving to our wedding. We also want to be alone.

Posted by
8 posts

Yes this is the thread but I don’t know how to reply to individuals

Posted by
1599 posts

Like BethFL, we flew on Swissair but it was a codeshare with United Airlines. I booked our tickets on CheapOair.com. You can also try Expedia.com. Or try the airline directly.