Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Athens

I need hotel recommendations in Athens. Plan to see Acropolis, Museum and historic sites. Staying 2 or 3 nights. Good location for sites and nearby restaurants please.
Thanks

Posted by
1818 posts

Maybe you could start by getting a travel guide, or reading some threads dedicated to Athens in this forum with hotels and restaurants recommandations . There is also the official Athens website which will give you a lot of information.

https://www.thisisathens.org/

Posted by
888 posts

There are lots of hotels in the area surrounding the Acropolis and its Museum catering to all budgets. Booking.com is a good place to start researching, once you see something you like in your price range, contact the hotel’s website to make a booking.

Posted by
1604 posts

We stayed at the Aerotel Parthenon located about a 5 minute walk from the Plaka. A 10 minute walk to the Acropolis. Our room was small but clean. Included breakfast is mediocre but there are tons of restaurants nearby if you want to go out for breakfast. Our rate in May 2022 was $140.

Posted by
3122 posts

Try the Omiros Hotel on Apollonos Street. It's on the edge of the Plaka. The Syntagma Metro station is just a short walk away. The buffet breakfast is excellent.

Posted by
11158 posts

You don’t mention a budget. At the high end, fabulous hotel, Grand Hotel Bretagne and King George. More moderate, near Syntagma, New Hotel.
Worst hotel experience of our lives anywhere, Electra Palace Hotel.

Posted by
8381 posts

I haven’t stayed here yet, but Acropolis View Hotel was highly recommended by several people on the forum. I’m booked for October.

Posted by
1 posts

Suki, we have a cancellable reservation for 2 nights at the Electra Palace in June. May I ask what was such a terrible experience? It’s our first time in Greece & I definitely don’t want to pay $1800 for a bad experience. Grande Bretagne would be $2400+; can’t recall King George rates.

Posted by
464 posts

We enjoyed staying at the AthensWas Hotel on Dionysiou Areopagitou Street in the Makrigianni area. It was only one block from the New Acropolis Museum and 2 blocks from the Acropolis. It is on a shady pedestrian street near several restaurants and it also has its own rooftop restaurant. It is near the Fresko Yogurt Cafe, the Arcadia Restaurant and Yard All Day restaurant which were good choices for us. It is also near the Akropoli metro for ease of transportation, although you can walk to the Plaka area and Syntagma Square also.

Posted by
548 posts

Hotel Hera. Good Breakast.
Great location. Walkable to acropolis and plaka. Metro is nearby. Lots of restaurants nearby.
We have stayed here twice. RS tours sometimes stay here.

Posted by
390 posts

Another vote for Hotel Hera. Stayed there in May 2022 while on RS tour. Good location and very helpful front desk personnel.

Posted by
1113 posts

Third vote for Hotel Hera! Stayed there as well for an RS tour 2 years ago. Great breakfasts and it has a rooftop restaurant with view of the Acropolis. It’s also located on restaurant row and lots of shopping as well as being close to the Acropolis and the museum. One of our favorite things was watching the Changing of the Guards and that was about a 10 minute walk away.