Please sign in to post.

Hotel Suggestions in Piraeus (catching an early ferry the next day)

Hello all,

My flight from London arrives in Athens on Sunday, May 29th at 7:05pm. My plan is to stay overnight at a hotel in the Piraeus area as I am planning on catching an early ferry (7:00am) on Monday, May 30th to Naxos.

I was curious if anyone might be able to provide recommendations for a basic hotel (I don't need all the bells and whistle - just a clean place to sleep for one night) in the Piraeus area.

Thank you all in advance.

Posted by
1406 posts

I stayed at the Lilia. It was spartan but ok for one night. On my way there from the port, the taxi driver told me that some hotels in this city cater to "the girls". But Lilia was not that kind of hotel.

Posted by
37 posts

Check the Phidias Piraeus Hotel. Clean, in a good location, a short walk from the port (I think they provide free transfer to and from the port to the hotel).

Posted by
1360 posts

Back in 2016 we stayed at the Piraeus Port Hotel. It was nice and not too far from the ferry (Blue Star) we used. Several days later after a late-night return from Santorini we stayed at the Electra Hotel Piraeus. It's not great but is located close to the ferry terminal. We were originally going to fly back from the island but our flight got cancelled. Two ways on the ferry is a waste of time.

Posted by
54 posts

Good afternoon all,

Thank you all for your kind responses.

Barkinthepark: Thank you for the heads up regarding some hotels catering to "the girls" (Yikes!).

Dimitris: Thank you for the recommendation for the Phidias Piraeus Hotel (I believe that I saw this hotel recommended by Matt Barrett)

KBK: Thank you for the two hotel recommendations. It sounds like many of the hotels in this area are just "okay".

Again, I appreciate the kind responses.

Patti

Posted by
5 posts

I recommend the Triton Hotel. It is a bit outdated but has new mattresses and an early breakfast. However, you should look at which gate you are leaving from when choosing a hotel. I like to walk from my hotel to the Gate and some are too far with luggage and they will charge you too much to take a taxi from your hotel. I did it last summer as it was raining and they charged €7 for less than 5 minutes.

Posted by
87 posts

I've also slept at the Triton hotel before, it's basic but it's convenient for taking a ferry in the morning.

If you hesitate between several hotels, check the departure gate of your ferry (from E1 to E9) to choose a nearby hotel, otherwise you may have to walk to the ferry and it takes around 1 hour to walk from one side of the port of Piraeus to the other without carrying suitcases.

The link with the Piraeus gates map and walking distances:

https://www.ferryhopper.com/en/destinations/piraeus