Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendations for Santorini and Mykonos for September 2017

After looking at all of the hotel options for Santorini (Oia, Imerovigil, Fira, Firostefani) and Mykonos, my head is spinning. Hotels in the $400+ range look amazing and what we would usually get if staying fewer nights, but spending more than two weeks at $400+ a night in Greece and Italy will be too expensive. Does anyone have hotel recommendations for Santorini and Mykonos that are really nice but with a more friendly price tag? We would sacrifice a view for more luxurious accommodations. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by
1370 posts

On Santorini, try the Zoe Aegeas (www.booking.com) in Oia (it's a cave house). We stayed there 3 nights in April 2016 and had a wonderful experience with fabulous caldera view! Host Zak was great as was part-year resident/neighbor Colin.

Posted by
39 posts

We stayed at the 3 Stones Villa in Imerovigli Santorini for 4 nights in June 2016 and we paid about $1100.00 USD with the exchange rate. We found this on both Trip Advisor and Homeawy websites. Homeaway number 4133124. This was a 1 bedroom single villa with 2 terraces and outstanding views of the ocean from the Caldera. There was a kitchenette, 2 bathrooms and living room sleeps 2 more if necessary. There was daily maid service and a porter to carry luggage to and from your car or bus at check in and check out. A lovely woman came when we checked in to answer any questions we had about the villa and told us about the best restaurants, tours and attractions not to be missed. We loved the villa. Beds comfy and quiet place.

Posted by
3121 posts

Without knowing what's affordable there are just too many hotels to recommend. I suggest you try using the filter system at www.booking.com to find what you want at the price you want to pay.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, Zoe Aegeas is sold out. I will check into 3 Stones Villa. As far as what I am looking to spend, $300-$350 USD per night.

Posted by
3121 posts

Start thinking in EURO to avoid any confusion. $100 = €93

Posted by
3320 posts

Use this instant-conversion website - http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ -- it's thoughtful when u are asking for good free advice; this way your helpers don't have to do the conversion themselves ... sometimes the contributors are from yet a 3rd currency -- pounds, Canadian dollars, Australian dollars .

Posted by
41 posts

Visited Santorini this past September. Stayed 4 nights at Hotel Theoxenia in Fira. Had a nice Caldera view. Hotel staff were terrific, even to the point of going to bat for us with Aegean Airlnes over the phone (our concierge, Tina, spoke in Greek on our behalf to their customer service rep) when the E-Dreams website (oh God don't ever use them they are awful) due to a problem with the way our plane tickets were ordered for our flight back to Athens. Centrally located, clean neat. We spent a little over $1,000 USD for the four night stay.