Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Santorini Greece

Any recommendations ?
Things to do. Will be there April 2023

Posted by
812 posts

Lithies Traditional Homes is terrific! Wine tasting and lunch at Venetsanos Winery.

Posted by
269 posts

I stayed at Dana Villas in Fira and really could find no fault with it. Many of the rooms have a private pool, but there are also pools and hot tubs throughout. It was very walkable to the center of Fira, with lots of restaurants, bars and even a small grocery very close. It was also very near to the trail that leads to Oia, which I really enjoyed walking.

https://www.danavillas.com/

Posted by
1116 posts

We stayed at an amazing airbnb in Oia so have no hotel suggestions but we rented a car for one day and drove all over the island. We went to Akrotiri, a prehistoric archeological site and said to be the inspiration for Atlantis, From there, we drove to Red Beach, then drove to check out one of the black sand beaches, Perissa. We made early dinner reservations at Metaxi Mas and the food was just so good and we ate while enjoying a beautiful view of the Aegean sea. I still think about the free cheesecake they gave us for dessert made from sheep's milk. Yum! From there we drove to Pyrgos to watch the sunset. It was a fun filled memorable day and it only cost us E50 for the car rental. We were there last May. Be prepared for windy weather. I also recommend a walking food tour with Eat & Walk Santorini Food Tour. The Big Fat Greek Wedding show in Fira was a lot of fun too! The one thing we didn't do because we were so physically exhausted from the Rick Steves Greece tour was the walk from Fira to Oia. It's about 6 miles and we just did not have the energy to do it so we are saving that for the next visit.

I just noticed this was posted under Hungary Reviews. Huh??? You may want to move this question to the Greece section,

Posted by
138 posts

Another vote for Lithies Traditional Homes in Firostefani! The rooms are beautiful, they are so welcoming and treat you wonderfully and the views are spectacular! We did the hike from there to Oia.