Please sign in to post.

Help with itinerary

Hi
I will be travelling in mid July, we fly into Athens from Tirana Albania and then will have 5 or 6 nights in Greece.
I would like see some islands, not sure which ones, but want to minimize the travelling time and costs.
Not sure if we should see Athens too?
Please help... what islands are good to go to that are reasonably priced.
Should we just stay in one place or island hop?

Posted by
3122 posts

You're askiing for help with your itinerary but you have not divulged even one simple thing about yourselves, your interests and the sort of experience you envision for your holiday. We're good but we're not psychic.

Posted by
2 posts

Sorry first time posting.
We are a couple in 40s from Canada . We travel light with just backpacks so hauling luggage isn’t a problem.
We like to see beautiful scenery and visit some monuments but really enjoy taking in easy relaxing European lifestyle. We like to hike but not too vigourous especially in July when it’s very hot.
We generally go to Europe every summer and enjoy delicious food and wine. We are on a budget so nothing too extravagant spend about 150 euros a day for us as couple.
Our trip is to Venice then flying to Tirana and spending about a week in Albania before heading to Greece for another week.
Thanks

Posted by
1157 posts

You don't have a lot of time in Greece so I would recommend Athens and one island. Athens deserves at least 2 days . . . 3 would be better. Most people leave Athens for the end of their trip if possible.

There are a lot of islands but you may want to go to one that won't take a lot of time to travel to. Some islands have airports which makes it a breeze to get to but most will need a ferry.

A nearby island that is very easy to get to and has everything one wants in a Greek Island is Aegina. Very quick to get there by either taking a Flying Dolphin (40+/- minutes) or regular ferry (1 1/2 hrs.)

Check out this wonderful website for Aegina :

https://www.aeginagreece.com/aegina-island/

You'll probably get other recommendations but I feel Athens & Aegina would work.

Bear in mind July will be Tourist Season so most any island will have crowds but Aegina probably won't have the hordes of tourists like some of the Big Name islands.