Hello Diego. Sigh. Yes, that agenda may bring divorce threats or child runaways. Rethink:. Rick's routes are for adults; parents need to think Shorter trips, downtime, chance to run & play. My thoughts:
HYDRA - I'd skip it. Rick loves it but it's mainly picturesque port, donkeys, pistachios for sale. For an island and a ferry outing, look at DAY Trip to AEGINA. Much shorter sail (1 hr). On a Regular ferry (NOT a hydrofoil, enclosed w no view), sit on deck, see all the water craft, from huge ships to tiny sloops, great views. On Aegina, rent car OR bus to mid-island to a fab temple ruin, walk down hill (look for short-cut path) to beach town for lunch then taxi back to port. This album https://www.flickr.com/photos/36264706@N03/sets/72157621604646139/detail/ shows all (u can skip monastery) Green line metro to Piraeus; 30 minutes.
OLYMPIA --- OR ??? -- Olympia = loooong drive!! Museum is a thrill for Arch. buff like me, but ruins are puzzling. If you mainly want the" Games vibe", consider terrific Alternative, MUCH closer -- ANCIENT NEMEA. Most Americans never heard of it but it's the #2 Sacred Games site, little-explored till UCBerkeley took it on and WOW! Authentic restoration: ruins, giant temple columns, tiny superb museum, AND stunning stadium: your kids can race from ORIGINAL runner start-line!! All this, just 5 miles off the big highway in Peloponnese, en route to Nafplio https://email@example.com,21.9212983,10z?hl=en When we were there in early June 2013, we were ONLY visitors. In nearby Nemea village, a wine-bottling venue right on main street.
OTHER -- I'd skip Kardamyl, for more time in NAFPLIO area... GREAT for kids: Castles, forts, climbing etc. Monemvasia, only if u stay in ancient fort-room Reverse trip order? Consider:
- TU - Arrive ATH 11pm - rent car. cute B & B 10 mins from Airport http://www.stay-in-athens.com gets kids in bed fast, & has lovely buffet breakfast
- WED - 9 am head off over canal -- a 10:30 stop at NEMEA, then on to NAFPLIO by 1. Explore town (top of Acronafplio for FAB view), maybe boat to castle in bay, ice-cream at seafront for sunset. Great website http://www.visitnafplio.com for ALL info! This hotel has quad rooms IF you can book it http://www.nafplioagamemnon.gr/en/ BEST location.
- THURS - exploring!! Kids will LOVE small museum on square (super 30-min video gives amazing background re ancient myths etc) museum has the world's ONLY existing suit of Iliad-era armor. Mycenae? OK, but ruins not understandable for kids; they'd like the Treasury of Atreus. Alternative = TIRYNS - another Iliad-era fort, 5 mi outside Nafplio. NOTE: March is winter hours; many things close by 3; check ahead..
- FRI - Drive to Monemvasia - Sleep in Monemvasia (IF you take a castle room)
- SAT - Back to NAPFLIO area (otherwise you have all day drive) ... as final treat, go up Palamidi (actually don't climb 999 steps, drive up back, take photos, then 1 parent drives to cafe at foot of steps & other parent & 2 kids climb DOWN.
6 SUN - After breakfast, drive to EPIDAURUS (skip ruins, enjoy amazing amphitheatre), then on to Corinth area. Jump off at Isthmia to walk over original Old Bridge, take canal pix, have lunch break. On to DELPHI (3 hours) enjoy town & sunset on mountain.
- MONDAY - Delphi... back to ATH by 5 (OR take extra day here??) Return car to airport, taxi €38 flat rate to Central Athens
8-9-10 TU-W-TH - Explore athens: don't overlook MANY activities for kids; check your hotel
11 or 12 FRi-SATTrip to AEGINA - overnight?? (you have flex-time if you forego those loong drives)
13 - Homeward flight.
NOTE: Athens is big city; putting it last, kids are more oriented to Greece, can cope with crowds & bustle better