My last post disappeared for some reason, I'm sorry for the double post if it reappears! https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/greece/thoughts-on-itinerary-for-honeymoon-in-mid-july-to-august
Our flight is at 5pm on July 17th from NYC and we're landing at 10am in Athens on the 18th. Some of our interests are beaches, good food, history, romantic spots, etc. The places that we definitely want to go to are Athens and Santorini. Looking for suggestions and I hope that what I have so far is doable.
- July 17-18: NYC -> Athens -> Milos (Flight)
- July 19: Milos
- July 20: Milos
- July 21: Milos -> Santorini (Ferry)
- July 22: Santorini
- July 23: Santorini
- July 24: Santorini -> Paros (Ferry)
- July 25: Paros
- July 26: Paros
- July 27: Paros -> Athens -> Nafplion (Either rental car, bus or taxi, not sure. If we have a car, will stop by Corinth Canal for pictures)
- July 28: Nafplion
- July 29: Nafplion (Mycenae, Epidaurus)
- July 30: Nafplion -> Athens
- July 31: Athens
- Aug 1: Athens
- Aug 2: Athens (Day trip to Hydra)
Aug 3: Athens -> NYC (Flight)
We originally wanted to come back on Aug 2nd but I ended up adding a day to fit everything in. Might have to remove the day trip to Hydra.
Trying to decide to go straight to Nafplion from the islands or do Athens first, then take a car to Athens for our flight home.
Also trying to decide between Milos and Naxos but leaning Milos since it is smaller (guessing Naxos may require more time than Milos)
- If Naxos is picked over Milos, order of islands changes from Milos -> Santorini -> Paros to Naxos -> Paros -> Santorini.