Please sign in to post.

Guides for Rick Steve's Athens and the Heart of Greece in 2024

I just completed RS' Best of Switzerland in September. We had a great time enjoying the scenery but we only had local guides in 3 locations where I thought there might be a few more. I've got my deposit in for Greece in 2023 and wondering what to expect. As Greece has some much ancient history vs Swiss mountain scenery - will there be more local guides?

Posted by
2187 posts

We did this tour in 2014, but until someone else jumps in, here’s what I remember: Faye for the Acropolis, someone for Delphi, Nikki for Olympia (now a full-time guide for RS), Georgio for Mystras, someone for Epidavros, and someone for Mycenae. There may have been one or 2 others. The tours get tweaked from time to time, so things could be different, but this gives you a rough idea. Also, the fact that I remember this many guides’s names after this long gives you an idea of how great they were.

Posted by
548 posts

On the tour now. Mama faye for acropolis. Nikki for olympia. Patty for mycenae and epidavros, nikko for mystras. Penny for delphi. Tour guide is dafni.

Posted by
11180 posts

Patty's memory definitely better than mine. Also did Greece in 2014. Definitely remembered Faye in Athens; recalled Delphi and Olympia had someone local and was hazy about the others that are mentioned.

Posted by
72 posts

Thanks everyone for your comments. Now I just have to figure out if I want to stay on after the tour.