Please sign in to post.

Guide for Athens

Hi, were looking for a private guide for Athens, the Acropolis and the Agora. I've tried a couple from Ricks book, Athens walking guide (angelos) 3 times with no response and Effie but no response. Any recommendations for 5 adults.
Thanks, Tom

Posted by
8 posts

I've done several of the audio tours and yes very good just wanted a little more personal experience.
And I'll try reaching out to Faye.
Thanks

Posted by
3313 posts

Tom a lot of the experts here do not use guides ... but we DO know reliable sources for guides, so don't shrug off our choices:

THis is the resource I've recommended most, and feedback has been VERY good. For each guide you can see exactly how much exprience they have & their qualifications, AND reviews AND exact cost... the best link I know for finding a good answer:

https://tourguides.viator.com/Listing.aspx?Country=Greece&Region=Attiki&City=Athens

Please note; people who have a good experience may often be "one-shot" visitors to Greece (such as your group?) and thus do not come back to these forums to give advice.

Posted by
51 posts

You can always find a guide out of Acropolis. Try also key tours and ask for private tour.

Just do not stick to what everyone does in Athens. Visit museums, of course Acropolis but also watch an Ancient drama performance of you wish to have a unique experience and meet Greek ancient culture. Oedipus Rex of Sophocles a script of 2500 years is very good performance. Maybe by Fimonoi team in Athinais theater which is with English overtitles

Posted by
3313 posts

This lekka guy tacks on to any thread, just to promote this theatre. It may be good, but it's annoying to have him do this just for promotional purposes.