Please sign in to post.

Greek Trip 2018

I have a plan forming for a trip to mainland Greece and Ithaca for next Summer, our accommodation on Ithaca is already booked but my plan for 1 week on the mainland is a bit fuddled in terms of getting from A to B to C etc in the space of just over a week i.e. is it feasible/do-able on public transport - preferably by train rather than by bus?. We would like our starting point to be Thessaloniki (have been to Athens several times), though I'm not bothered about spending anything other one night in Thessaloniki if that - I would like to move on to Litochoro to visit the Mount Olympus area and the archaeological site of Dion, after that Meteora and Delphi and any other ancient sites that are easily reached along the way. I would like to stay in Galaxidi for the Delphi part of the trip. I have looked at the ferry schedules for this year and can't find any that run from Patras to Ithaca but there seems to be a service from Astakos, the plan is to fly home (UK) from Kefalonia - any help and tips with this itinerary would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to book the flights as soon as they are released in October.

There are no replies to this topic.