Please sign in to post.

Greece with Young Kids 2024

Hi All,
My husband and I are planning to take our two kids, 2.5 and 5.5, to Greece in the coming summer (exact dates TBD) for two weeks. We are looking for advice on where the best places to go are, if we're flying round trip to Athens. I am looking for history and beaches, with an emphasis on kid friendly. There are so many places to visit, i'd love to hear people's advice for an easily paced but active tirp.

Thanks!
Allie

Posted by
1818 posts

As you have noticed there are hundreds of possibilities for what you are looking for (or I would rather say what you have not yet looked for)

All I can tell you is that on mainland you will definitely need a car.

In the Cyclades islands avoid Mykonos and Santorini at all costs. Naxos and Paros will be a good choice if you like crowds and beaches invaded by hundreds of people.

Regarding the other islands, there are several dozen where you will find what you are looking for

Also, don't wait too long before making a decision.

Posted by
2499 posts

We stayed on St George beach adjacent to Naxos town on Naxos. We didn’t swim there but there were lots of young children because beach is shallow. I would think it would be a good place with your children.

Naxos has other lovely beaches and historical sites. The town is fun to explore too. We rented a car for one day to explore the island.