Please sign in to post.

Greece late Sept 2015

I am taking my daughter to Europe for college graduation, and we plan on 7 to 10 days in Greece. We plan 2, maybe 3, days of sightseeing in Athens, but really want to see Santorini, beaches and water! Any good, reasonably priced sailing expeditions around Santorini? As part of a group, not for us to command. Would consider an overnight cruise. Also, we do not wish to rent a car, but would consider mopeds if available. We are 2 women traveling alone; anything we should know, other than keep purses close and use common sense? This is a great group. I have enjoyed reading your posts, not to mention having learned a lot! Thanks for any info you can provide.

Posted by
3115 posts

There aren't any overnight cruises out of Santorini I know of but there are a few companies offering daytrips on both power boats and sail boats. Prices start around €30 and go up depending on the boat and the type of cruise booked. Some come with full meals. Most are in the caldera and take in the volcano island and the ports of Korfos on Thirassia and Ammoudi below Oia. Wait until you're there and go into any travel services office to see what's on offer.

Mopeds are fun and easy to drive (one gear, no transmission) but require experience to be safe. Be sure you find ones that are powerful enough to climb some hills. If you live outside the EU be sure to bring International Driving Permits. In the US/Canada you can get them at your local AAA/CAA office, no test or membership required.