Please sign in to post.

Greece in March

We want to take our adult children and their spouses to Greece. Our daughter works for the schools and can only go in March, June, and Sept-Oct. The other three may request vacation time almost anytime (two are in retail, leaving Christmas-NY out). We want to spend some time (possibly most of the time) in Crete. Can anyone recommend the best time to go?

Posted by
3122 posts

Early June and September are the best times to go.

Posted by
201 posts

We were on a RS tour of Greece in March. There were no crowds. It was cold, windy, and it snowed--and we had a wonderful trip. If weather is is a concern, however, I would suggest a different time of the year. Everything was green and flowering in March, and in June it's beginning to heat up. I think the fall would be best, even though flora will be past prime.

Posted by
2497 posts

We were just in Crete late May to early June and had perfect weather. I would think fall would be lovely too with warmer water for swimming if that is an interest. In late May, we found the Aegean warm enough but the Libyan was a little chillier.

I would not go in March to the islands.

Posted by
15582 posts

June is likely to be hot and full of tourists. Mid-September to mid-October would be my choice.