Please sign in to post.

Greece

What tour companies have you used and recommend.,, We are planning a 10 day stay in Greece, Sept 2020 and do not know where to start :(

thank you
Martha

Posted by
11507 posts

I’ve never used one - we just got back from 17 days , Naxos , Paros , and Mykonos . We just book hotels ourselves . We’ve been a few times to Mykonos and Naxos and this was our first time to Paros .

Love Naxos and Paros - Mykonos not so much ( very pricey and touristy ) but we usually fly out of Mykonos so we always stay there before our flight home at least .

I look for hotel names on posts in Thai forum and other forums - I’ve also used booking.com - but I always compare prices on offices websites of hotels - one we used this time was same price on their website and in booking.com - but if you booked directly on their site they threw in free breakfast .

We have never needed to pre book ferries we just buy the tickets a day or two before we want to go to next island . I did book on flight this time - ferry was 20 euros and took 4.5 hours , flight was 35 minutes and cost 40 euros - so we took flight .

Haven’t done mainland Greece but I imagine it’s same procedures for research .

Posted by
7277 posts

Since you’re on the Rick Steves Website, click on his Tour link. I’ve never personally taken a Rick Steves guided tour, but have used his guidebooks for over 20 years as a major resource to organize trips in Europe. A good friend, as well as her sister, have taken many tours with the Rick Steves company, and are extremely pleased, as it really fit their travel style, and was a good value for where they wanted to travel, and how.

Maybe you’ve already looked, and Rick’s Greece tour is 13 nights and part of 14 days. Are you strictly looking for 10 days, so Rick’s tour takes too much time? His schedules vary, some starting and ending on weekdays, and some on weekends. Maybe one would work with your schedule? At least it’s a place to start, if you haven’t already passed on a Rick Steves tour as a possibility.

We had 2 weeks in Greece on our own last year around Easter, and are going to the island of Crete, Greece this September/October for 17 days. Hope you find a workable tour company or way to visit, and have a great trip!