Please sign in to post.

Food tour Athens

Will be traveling to Athens in January. Would like to do a food tour. Any recommendations on any tours.

Posted by
8 posts

I would definitely check out Culinary Backstreets. I took tours in Lisbon and Porto that were fantastic. Was introduced to this company from a couple of "Foodie" friends who raved about a tour they took in Mexico City. Planning on booking either "Culinary Secrets of Downtown Athens" or "Exarchia: Taste of Utopia" this coming April.

Posted by
5515 posts

I also took the Culinary Backstreets tour of Lisbon and it was fantastic; there was a couple on my tour who had previously taken one of their tours in Athens (as well as a couple of other cities) and they said all of their Culinary Backstreets tours were excellent.

Posted by
86 posts

We did the Culinary Backstreets tour in Athens in 2016 and really enjoyed it. We just wished we had remembered some the the "hidden" locations so we could return on our own.

Posted by
299 posts

We were in Athens end of May 2022. Best foodie experience, not an official tour, exactly, but an mulit-course homemade Greek meal. All the traditional foods with explanations by our gracious hosts. Highly (highly) recommend, the family was still raving about it at Thanksgiving dinner yesterday:

https://www.eatwith.com/events/9305?date=2022-11-26