Please sign in to post.

Food Tour

Would like to do a food tour...where would be the best to have that (Athens, Meteora, Santorini)? As wine lovers, we'll certainly do wine tasting tours in Santorini. I'm thinking it would be in Athens for the food tour.....any recommendations on a specific tour to take???

Posted by
106 posts

Hello,

You can find cooking lessons and food tours in Santorini as well but since you're already doing a wine tour your other option is Athens. In Athens you can find walking tours than include cooking and tasting products. I've heard of these but haven't tried any yet: Athens Insiders, Athenswalkingtours, Culinarybackstreets. You might as well check on Tripadvisor by reading some reviews.

I hadn't heard anything about Meteora but after searching a bit I found one on visitmeteora website. However, I do believe it would be better to have a wine tour in Athens and learn a bit more about the capital. Around Meteora ()for instance in Kalambaka or Trikala) you can get to a local tavern/restaurant and ask them to serve you the most traditional dishes. Don't miss the famous pita (pie) :)

Posted by
12 posts

Thank you. I found out from one source that they only do food tours in the day time due to the markets being open during the day. I wanted one for the evening. However, I will checkout your recommendations..thank you!