Please sign in to post.

Ferry question after RS Tour in March 2019

Hi,
I'm very excited to say I'll be on the Athens & the Heart of Greece in 14 Days Tour in March 2019!

Afterwards I've planned 5-6 additional days and was thinking I'd like to do some island hopping.

My question.. do I need to plan out an itinerary including buying my fast ferry tickets far in advance, or could I buy the first leg (Athens to ...) and kind of wing it from there? I'm having trouble deciding on a specific itinerary.

I've been looking at the fast Seajets ferries and I'm having trouble deciding on a specific itinerary.

Posted by
3122 posts

Advance ticket purchase won't be necessary in March. Just make sure that ongoing connections are available so your trip goes smoothly. Taking the time to create an itinerary is critical. Use this website to see what's available: www.gtp.gr

Posted by
6113 posts

If travelling to Greece as early as March, I would try to head as far south as possible weather wise. Many parts of Greece get double the amount of rain than London at that time of year.

Ferry timetables will be more limited, as the holiday season doesn’t really start until the end of April/ early May when European airlines move onto their summer schedules and the number of flights there increase.

Ferries are less likely to be cancelled if the seas are rough than catamarans.