Please sign in to post.

Ferries from Crete to Kythira in June 2017?

Good afternoon!

We have traveled to Greece (and Crete) for few years now and this year, we are planning on traveling to Crete and then taking the ferry to Kithiria, or anywhere close to that area, including mainland.

I've looked at ferry schedules and nothing seems to be out yet - anybody has taken that ferry? Is it everyday or is it on specific days? Does it run at night, with cabins?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Posted by
3317 posts

What ferry schedule were you looking at??? I went to the most comprehensive one -- gtp. gr -- and plugged in Kissamos and Kythira as departure & destination. In June I see a WED ferry at 7 am, and a SAT Ferry at 1400 ... it takes 4.5 - 5 hours.

Posted by
21 posts

Hi Janet,

I would thank you for your help in this matter if it weren't for the condescending tone of your response.

As a matter of fact, "netiquette" is a skill that can be learned; putting more than one question mark (?) after a sentence can be construed as condescension or aggressivity.

Just sayin'.

Posted by
3120 posts

It's all in the way you interpret the intent of what's posted here. Regarding your comments about "netiquette", you're seriously offended by punctuation marks? Really???

Posted by
3317 posts

Thanks, Lee, you know me well, I'm just an habitual overpunctuator ... never thought it would be analyzed so minutely!!!