Please sign in to post.

Corinth day trip from Athens - Aug 2024

Looking for a half-day trip to Corinth's biblical sites with a licensed guide in late August. I am a teacher of early Christianity and the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, so I want a tour guide with good knowledge of early Christian history. We're not interested in large coach tours.
I've explored tours offered on "toursbylocals.com", and several other tour guide sites. We will be a party of 2, which makes the cost of a private tour (designed for 5-6 people) prohibitive -- nearly $1000 for 4-5 hrs. More affordable tour guides aren't licensed, and apparently aren't able to guide inside historic sites in Greece.

I'd love recommendations from anyone who has recent experience that might direct our search for a trustworthy, knowledgeable private guide or a reputable tour company with a more manageable price tag.
Thanks!

Posted by
1373 posts

Here is a web site for tours to Ancient Corinth from Athens. I believe there are tour guides at the entrance where you can pay for a guided tour. I believe they normally want up to 10 people in a group but you can probably negotiate a price for just 2 people.
There are several tours in this web site.
https://tripanthropologist.com/ancient-corinth-and-acrocorinth/