Please sign in to post.

Booking tours, sea jets, and trains for trip to Greece in Sept 2023

Hi,
We are taking a tour with Rick Steeve tours come this Sept and spending 15 days on our own. I have booked everything (flights, hotels, and rental car) but the the items (tours/transportation) listed below, I'm waiting on.

I'm thinking (dangerous) I should probably book our tours in the next month or so and the transportation a month before our trip, but I'm not sure? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sept 13th, Wednesday early morning a Sea Jet from Heraklion to Santorini, when should I book?

Sept 29th, Friday travel by train from Athens to Kalambaka and return to Athens on Oct 2nd, Monday, when should I book?

Sept 29th, Friday sunset tour in Kalambaka, when should I book? Any suggestions on if we should take a hiking tour to the monasteries or can we do it ourselves?

Oct 3rd, Tuesday kayak tour with Trekking Hellas. Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion from Athens, when should I book?

Thanks for all your help! I appreciate this group sooooooo much. I have sent our numerous questions and they all have been answered by your expertise. Thank YOU! Tamera

Posted by
1811 posts

Sept 13th, Wednesday early morning a Sea Jet from Heraklion to
Santorini, when should I book?

Buy your tickets once you are in Crete two or three days before departure at a ticket office. There is no need to book so far in advance, especially since ferry schedules can be modified (or canceled) at the last minute.

Sept 29th, Friday travel by train from Athens to Kalambaka and return
to Athens on Sept 2nd, Monday, when should I book?

You can't book more than a month in advance, anyway trains are never full.

Posted by
46 posts

Great, thank you soooo much!!!!!!
I will make a note on my calendar.

Now, I just need to decide on the tours.

Posted by
46 posts

Thanks for the video. I have saved the URL. I will be checking out the videos on that site.

I actually considered that tour. But, because we will be staying 3 days in Santorini earlier in our trip and then the next day after the tour, Oct 4th, we head back to the USA. I thought I might be pushing it, by staying up so late! LOL! Thanks I appreciate the video and will be checking out the other videos on Greece.