Please sign in to post.

Athens & the Heart of Greece - 2025

My family and I are thinking about doing this tour. Looking for opinions on the best time to go. I know summer can be hot so will avoid Jun-Aug but also hoping to avoid the rainy season. For those who have taken the tour, what has been your opinion?

Posted by
557 posts

We did this tour last year 2023 at the end of September and beginning of October. The weather was fine. For the 3 three weeks we were there, we had rain only on one day. That was after the tour, when we did Meteora on our own. Not overly hot. It wasn't as crowded as the summer months. For us, September/October was/ is the perfect time to go to Europe.

Posted by
2707 posts

We took the tour in ‘09. Still our favorite of many RSE tours. We did it in mid to late June. No appreciable rain. Heat later in the day but we live in the Central Valley of California so we are used to it.

Posted by
393 posts

My favorite of the 6 Rick Steves I've done. Weather in May was superb. Not too hot.

Posted by
772 posts

We did the tour in mid April 2019 and only had one rain day (it poured). Our Best of England tour guide, David who also does the Greece tour, recommended this time of year to us. It was a beautiful time of year because everything was green and the wild flowers were blooming. I think for this tour I would rather have the cooler weather and a little rain than the oppressive heat we heard about that can happen in summer in Athens.