Please sign in to post.

Athens hotels July ( 2018)

Hi,
My daughter ( 25) and I will be spending 3 days/2 nights in Athens in early July. I am looking for central , safe accommodation. ( not luxurious at all- say max. 200 per night hopefully less) Most of the RS recommended hotels are booked for this time. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We would like to be able to walk to most attractions, enjoy a safe neighbourhood, possibly have a view and non smoking room. Twin beds would also be great.
Thanks!
joanne

Posted by
3120 posts

I stayed at the Omiros Hotel during my last trip to Greece. It was a basic hotel, quiet and clean, decent breakfast included, located on the edge of the Plaka District, about 10 minutes' walk to Syntagma Square. http://www.omiros-hotel.com

Posted by
1366 posts

We often stay at Attalos and nearby Cecil hotel. Have you tried them. Both tourist class hotels. Attalos has a rooftop bar with direct views of the Acropolis.

Posted by
11158 posts

At this point best suggestion I have is to use trivago or booking.com and use the filters for your preferences and see what is available.

As you have discovered, you are starting your search late.

good luck

Posted by
1157 posts

I always stay at the Attalos Hotel on Athinas St. It will probably fit your needs and budget. An alternative, just a little further up the street is the Hotel Cecil, less expensive and includes breakfast with the price. A bit below the Attalos Grade but certainly more than adequate for budget-minded travelers.

Both are close to everything ones goes to Athens for. Both may still have rooms available but you should act quick.

A little advice for the Attalos. They have a loyalty club which you can get a discount if you sign/join up with your email. It's in a green box on the top right. I've used it and it's safe.

There are many other accommodations which would work for you but I've been to both and am happy with either.

Posted by
30 posts

Thanks to all, I have chosen the Central Athens hotel. it seems very "central" , clean and safe.
Next up -ferries to Santorini ....