Please sign in to post.

Athens Hotel

I am boarding a ship from Athens to Venice. Any suggestions for a hotel that is conveniently located as we have a day to spend their prior to sailing. Thanks!

Posted by
521 posts

Hotel Hera. RS tours have stayed here. We are going to stay here again in October.

Posted by
1570 posts

We enjoyed our stay at the Aerotel Parthenon which is about a 5-minute walk from the Plaka and a 10-minute walk to the Acropolis.

Posted by
3312 posts

Both sugestions are good, and well-placed, just South of Acropolis, on quieter, tree-lilned streets. 2 others same area are "sister hotels" Hotel Herodion & Hotel Phillipos.

Posted by
1357 posts

It's easy to take the train from central Athens to the Port of Piraeus - from where I'm guessing your ship departs. We enjoyed our stay at the Attalos Hotel just a short walk north of Monastiraki Square.

Posted by
3312 posts

Make sure that you know which GATE your Venice ship departs from ... the terminus for the Metro is v. close to gates going to islands -- i don't know how close the international ships would be. FRom the Metro terminus to cruise ships is too far to walk w. luggage. Here's a map that may help - http://www.mappery.com/maps/Pireas-Hotels-Map.jpg

Posted by
1734 posts

Find out where in Piraeus your ship is departing from.

Be careful not to confuse Ferry port and cruise port. If it's a cruise ship, it will leave from Gate E11 or E12 which are far from the Ferry port and the metro station (about 45 minutes walk) .

A taxi from central Athens to the port costs around 25 Euros, so you can stay the night in Athens before going to the port.

The other means of public transport is the X80 bus which departs from Syntagma Square and goes to the cruise port gates

Posted by
786 posts

Ou stay at InnAthens was great; it's close to Syntagma Square. We walked everywhere with the exception of our visit to the National Archeological Museum.