Please sign in to post.

Anavyssos/Sounio area FORMER beach hotels (1990s)

Hi all, This is a super specific question about family-run beach hotels in the Sounio area in the 1990s.. LOL! I am trying to track down a hotel I once stayed in either in or near Anavyssos (near Sounio). This was in the early 1990s so most people probably won't be able to answer, but I'm hoping someone here who is very familiar with the drive between Varkiza and Sounio might be able to help me out. (Long story why I'm searching for this hotel--and yes, I realize it probably no longer exists--just hoping to get the name and maybe see it on Google Street View for some clarity.)

I've used Google Street View and found a section of the road (EO91) that looks very familiar -- the buildings, the beach, the road --everything. The only issue is there's no hotel there anymore but the buildings do look very familiar. It's on EO91 in Anavyssos. There is a number 15 on one of the doors. The hotel I stayed in was a 3-4 story concrete building with shops on the ground floor. At that time there was a beach/surf shop that I went in a lot. The hotel was pretty basic but clean. The hotel was located on a part of the road that was fairly straight with two lanes and the beach was level with where the hotel was (no hills or cliffs right there). There was a big sandy beach across the street. The hotel was physically located across the street from the beach but it was not a very busy part of the road, at least at that time, and we just walked across easily right towards the beach. (had chairs, umbrellas, etc. for rent as well.)

If anyone can help me out with this I would be so grateful! Again, it's a very long story why I'm searching for this, but any help is appreciated.

There are no replies to this topic.