Please sign in to post.

Aegean Air (& Olympic) extend 2020 vouchers

Yesterday, received a message from Olympic that offered opportunity to extend air vouchers (from June 2020 cancelled flights) to end of 2023.. with 10% bonus. Or receive cash back. Process was easy - since I had all the earlier emails with conf.#'s.

Nice they were proactive.

Posted by
1372 posts

I got my money back quite easily as well. While the 10% bonus was interesting it tied us to Aegean next year and I wanted to be able to also consider Sky Express to see which airline schedule works better with our plan.

Posted by
203 posts

If you opt for a voucher make sure that they really do apply the 10% bonus. I applied for a voucher in 2020 based on this offer and got nothing extra. Zero. The vouchers were for the same amount as I had paid for the flights.

Eventually got my cash refund as I do not want to be tied to Aegean for future flights anyway (I have other options)

BTW, travellers not in the EU and several countries covered by SEPA will lose money when they request a cash refund. Go with chargeback if Aegean refuses to refund you via credit card.

Posted by
169 posts

Yes - the 10% showed "instantly" on the replacement vouchers... still reflect the original reservation code but with new V. #'s.. Interestingly - the "test" flights I checked on (for this fall since June are not available) - prices are much lower.. So unless rates go up for next season (probably) - we will have E/$ to use for later trips.