Please sign in to post.

Acrópolis Tour

Hello! We will be in Athens on July 28th from 6am-6pm (since we will be on a cruise) and looking for affordable tour guide to show our group of 9 Acropolis. I’ve heard there are local tour guides in front of Acropolis when you get there wanted to know if anyone can recommend one and what is a reasonable price point for a guide?

Posted by
55 posts

Everyone always recommends Athens Walking Tours.

Ricka

Posted by
1157 posts

Since you are arriving at 6 a.m. get taxis from Piraeus to the Acropolis for the 8 a.m. opening.

It will be a lot quieter and more enjoyable and you'll have a good hour+ before the tour groups and hordes of tourist show up.

A do-it-your-self tour is very easy. Get a good guide book and you are all set.

There are tours available but you'll be there with hundreds if not thousands of tourists especially late July, the height of the tourist season!

Posted by
15024 posts

Get there when it opens. Our guide had us get up early and it was worth it. There were very few crowds and by the time we left, it was becoming like a zoo. And that was in April.

There is also another good reason to get there when it opens.....it will be cooler.

From there, it's a 10 minute walk to the Acropolis museum and I suggest a visit.

Posted by
464 posts

Yes, I would highly recommend getting advance reservations with Athens Walking Tours. Kostas was an outstanding guide. We signed up for the Acropolis of Athens Early Morning Tour for 8:30 am. We met at the Fresko Yogurt Bar at 3 Dionysiou Areopagitou St which is about 2 blocks from the Acropolis and though you pay in advance for the tour, you bring cash for the entrance tickets. This was a highlight of our time in Athens. Afterwards you could see the New Acropolis Museum which is nearby if you like. It has a restaurant on an outdoor terrace on the second floor with nice views.