Please sign in to post.

Acropolis combo ticket

I’ll be going to Athens in late May with my husband and 2 young adult children. I’ve read RSteves recommends purchasing the Acropolis combo ticket once we get there at the first site. Online, I’ve read that I can purchase a combo ticket in advance through getyourguide.com but it does not include the Acropolis Museum, which is something I don’t want to miss. Do any of you know is the Acropolis Museum still included in the combo ticket you buy once you arrive in Athens? As well, is there any online site where you can buy a combo ticket in advance of arrival that includes Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Ancient Agora, Roman Agora, Library of Hadrian, & Temple of Olympian Zeus?

Posted by
3320 posts

Acropolis Museum is NOT a govt. institution thus, logically, is not on a comboo ticket; it is very modest price. And there's no problem about buying tix on day you go there.

Book ticket for Acropolis & the 5 minor sites online at the official govt site: https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&place=000000002 Forget all those other scams (GetyourGuide etc etc) with their "skip-the-line" socalled "advantages". All they save is a line, if it exists, at a ticket office... if there's a line at the actual Gate where they TAKE or scan your ticket, there's no Skipping that.

Summer of 2023, Acropolis had unprecedented hordes of visitors - partly because of recordbreaking tourism to Greece after pent-up (covid) demand, & partly because cruise ships now organize busload direct from megaships to Acropolis, from 9am - 12 or 1pm. Thus first time in history, began requiring timed ticket for Acropolis (no timing involved for other 5 sites). So when booking online, must tick box for desired entry time to Acropolis. But no need to do it now... and if you have a number of days in Athens, u could just buy on 1st day, for a later day (TIP #1 - fewest cruise ships on weekends #2 - if u can't get a 8:30 entry, 4pm is great -all the tours have left, and late-day sun is gorgeous on golden stone). You can buy combo ticket at ANY Of the 6 sites, whichever is closest to your hotel.

BTW< if you don't plan to have a tour guide, have you checked the LH list of this page -- Watch read Listen?? Steves has FREE DOWNLOADS of his step-by-step AUDIO guides to ACropolis AND TO the AGORA. This enables you to go when its convenient, not when tours start. Download/listen beforehand to use them best.. th AGORA guide really makes sense of piles of stone. And if you plan to do Nat. Arch. Museum - his "10 must-see' approach keeps u from getting lost in long corridors of Clay Pots.

Posted by
32 posts

Just needed to add that since I responded, I did recheck the Rick Steve’s book I have and I was wrong. He did not include the Acropolis Museum in the Acropolis Combo ticket. I must’ve included it because I wished it to be so…my bad.

Posted by
43 posts

If I buy my ticket and say , for example, that I want to go to the Acropolis on March 24, can I go to the Agora on March 23 or must my first visit be the time slot I chose for the Acropolis?

Posted by
43 posts

I would love to buy my ticket from the official site but it always says it cannot process my payment! Not my card (called them). Anyone have luck buying a ticket there?

Posted by
31 posts

@theresa- there’s no need to buy tickets far in advance. Buy them the day before you go or buy them at the gate. We went last June and it wasn’t crazy yet but we went early in the morning and there was no line at all.

Posted by
22 posts

I've just tried to get tickets for June 2 and the site says tickets not available for that date. I got the same message for the Agora and the Archeology museum. Is it too early or too late? Ideally, I would like a combo ticket for those three.

Posted by
741 posts

Just bought tickets on the official site. Was easy. They are combo tickets for April 4 and cost 30€ each. Good for 5 days from time of first entrance. They were not available until April 1. We had been checking during March. All time slots were available.

Posted by
2 posts

I’m struggling with the timed entrance! I’ll be visiting on April 20th ( after the new rules apply). If I choose a timed entrance for the Acropolis at 10 am, what time should I choose for the Angora? Thanks for any help!

Posted by
1821 posts

To date the chosen time slot is only for the Acropolis. You can visit the other sites whenever you want as they will never be crowded.

The only 2 rules with the Combo ticket are:

• Valid for 5 days from the first visit.

• Do not visit a site included in the Combo more than once