Please sign in to post.

Acropolis

Has anybody had difficulty trying to buy tickets on the official website for the Acropolis. I have tried on several occasions with different cards and have been told that my purchase has been unsuccessful please try again every time. Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted by
2172 posts

You are not the only one having this difficulty. Quite a few people on French forums report the same issue. Some have found a solution by using a credit card from another bank.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for the replies. I have been using the right website and I have tried British and French cards. So still must be doing something wrong. Will try again.

Posted by
2513 posts

Have you tried contacting the credit card company to let them know you are making a foreign transaction? The credit card company may not let the transaction go through if they think it’s fraudulent.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks, but i have been trying for the last few weeks, but when trying today it might have been the IT problem world wide so will try again in a few days.

Posted by
2 posts

I have faced the same problem as you describe on web sites for various attractions and even rail ticket sites.

After trying multiple credit cards from different issuing banks I have had success using a debit card. Not my preferred way of buying tickets, but at least I got them.