We are planning the following for a 8-day trip to Greece (Mar 4 - Mar 11):
1. Friday (Mar 3) - Arrive in Athens
2. Sat/Sun (Mar 4/5) - Athens
3. Monday (Mar 6) - Fly to Santorini in morning, stay in Santorini
4. Tuesday (Mar 7) - Santorini
5. Wednesday (Mar 8) - Fly back to Athens in morning, rent car and drive to Galaxidi and stay here.
6. Thursday (Mar 9) - Drive to Delphi, see museum and ruins, stay in Meteora
7. Friday (Mar 10) - Meteora hike and sunset tour. Visit Great Meteoron Monastery
8. Saturday (Mar 11) - Visit Varlamm Monastery, drive back to Athens
9. Sunday (Mar 12) - Fly back in morning
1. Is this itinerary fine or is there something we should improve. Overall the plan works better if we fly to Santorini at the end of the trip, but then we cant visit both Great Meteoron and Varlamm Monasteries.
2. We are staying in Galaxidi since we read that its a nice place to stay near Delphi. Are there any other suggestions? We are also looking for tips on what to see while driving to Galaxidi. We had planned to see Corinth during this time.
3. Any suggestions for places we should visit/eat/stay in these areas?
4. Is food easily available on Santorini. A lot of restaurants open in April and I am not sure how things are in March.
Thanks in advance,